Wednesday, October 19, 2011

24 days till I go Bonkers in Honkers

Number 24 in things that make me BONKERS:

2011 remakes

Okay so I'm not sure whether I hate all remakes as I saw Footloose again last night and I did love the new version of the short lived Melrose Place. But I am sick of the lazy way out and just make a movie or TV series based on something in the past.

The new Charlies Angels was a complete flop, Fright Night was one of the worst films I had the unpleasant movie going experience of seeing and the list of sequels and reboots this year has been crazy.

Hollywood I think it's time for some new ideas people cause if Charlies Angel's is anything to go by star power, big budgets and classy promos can't even foul the general public these days.




Now we are into the top 40 I am going to countdown 40 inspirational artists as well to get me up to Hong Kong and a bit of Bangkok.

Number 24 is:

The Grates

Let's head to Brisbane today for the former 3 peiece now two piece and this band has the most explosive front woman in Patience Hodgson.

After 3 albums and some catchy tunes, The Grates are heading to grate (great) lol things.

Their recent album Secret Rituals was amazing and a very grown up release after their debut Gravity Won't Get You High.

They remind me of Eskimo Joe, they released fun party pop tunes and then grow into their music, however the Grates aren't becoming a boring Triple M band they still sit nicely on a Triple J playlist.

The Grates have been to this date one of the best live acts I have ever seen.




Now let's take in a tune from them, and check out the classy video!

No comments: