Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Film Freak 2011 - Crazy Stupid Love

Okay so you may have guessed by my Honkers countdown that I didn't enjoy this film, right, so let's get to why.

1. I don't like Steve Carell
2. Almost two hours is way too long for a ROM COM
3. How does a story get so tangled and so weird, and not funny just plain weird.

Now I loved Emma Stone and Julianne Moore and Ryan Gossling did well but the whole movie just felt drawn out and when everything came together it all seemed a little late and at a time when it did come together I had given up completely on the film.

I would still recomend this film as it does look at the different ways relationships form, fall apart and the age old he wants her but she doesn't want him and vice versa. It had promise and could have been so much better, if only they didn't cast Steve Carell and after Date Night I thought he would never get a gig again.

So with all the bad there was some good and it came at times from the kinda large supporting cast. Crazy, Stupid, Love is a little crazy, a lot stupid at times and there is love so you know, it rates a pass mark of 2.5 more love needed stars.

No comments: