Monday, October 31, 2011

12 days till I go Bonkers in Honkers

Number 12 in things that make me BONKERS:

The death of the physical CD

Look I'm not some old fart, but don't you miss the music industry having money and making great big budget music videos, deluxe editions of CD's with fancy art work, now what do you get a file from iTunes, or some illegal version.

I do honestly think the beginning of the web and file sharing has definitely killed off a lot of music. The only good thing about file sharing is someone in the USA or even Russia or Alaska hearing about a group of Triple J unearthed or an Aussie artist like Gotye.

Anyway I miss my old deluxe edition physical CD's with the lyrics on the inside.



Now we are into the top 40 I am going to countdown 40 inspirational artists as well to get me up to Hong Kong and a bit of Bangkok.

Number 12 is:

Gotye

What can we say about this man, he has the year's biggest single straight up, he has brought Kimbra into the spotlight, his album is also not half bad and a nomination for my BLOG's album of the year and he also still has his fingers in the Basic's pie.

Gotye is the darling of the summer festival's too, playing Peats Ridge, Homebake, Pyramid Rock, Woodford Folk Festival, Field Day & Laneway Festival in NZ. The boy is going everywhere man!

Gotye is going to shine bright even harder in 2012 with many more big songs left on "Making Mirrors" to be released.

Well done to Gotye definately a force to be reckoned with.



Now for some Monday Melodies, the first single from "Making Mirrors" check it:

No comments: