Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Album of the year nomination number 4

Okay so last year my favourite albums of the year were all Australian and this year they have since been all international, however that all changes now, so joining Adele's 21, The Wombats this Modern Glitch & Kanye West and Jay Z's Watch the Throne is drum roll please



It's Goyte's Making Mirrors, his third album and his biggest album to date. Featuring the number 1, 4 times platinum and shoe in for this year's ARIA single of the year Somebody That I Used to Know. Also featuring the Triple J favourite "Eyes Wide Open" and "I Feel Better".

The album is happy, sad and just damn catchy. I have grown to love this album and think it is an album to go on and on. It was released too late for this year ARIA's but next year mark my word it will be the big winner.

So just recapping this year's four big albums up for my BLOG's album of the year:

Adele - 21
The Wombats - this Modern Glitch
Kanye West and Jay Z - Watch the Throne
Goyte - Making Mirrors

Stay tuned I'll be seeing the Wombats at their sold out show this Friday and I will let y'all know how it is.

Hopefully will catch other nominees also before the year is out.

That's it, more bonkers countdowns soon!

No comments: